We are here to discuss how to get backlinks? Before diving into it, let’s discuss a little about some factors which play a crucial role in SEO that helps to rank your website on google search. These important factors are :
- Title – it should contain your focus keyword.
- Meta Description – while describing your page in the meta description, keep in mind to include the focus keyword.
- URLs – add your focus keyword into URLs.
- Text Length – as you know a good article takes time and pages. So try to write blogs in more than 1000 words. The quality of the text is very important.
- Keywords Density – it means your focus keywords should appear at least two times on your blog but not more than 10 times. You can include a keyword for every 100 words.
- Keywords in the First Paragraph – include keywords in the first paragraph of your blog.
- Internal Links – this is basically an interconnection of blogs and pages. Connet your blogs or pages by simply providing links.
- External Links – this is simply a link that refers to other websites. Refer users to other websites on relevant content by providing their links in the blog.
- Image Alt Attribute – keep in mind that you give an alternative name of images.
Among these factors, quality backlink plays a vital role in SEO that helps ranking websites on google or another search. Let’s understand first what is backlinks?
What is a Backlink?
A backlink is simply a link that comes from other websites to your website. Let’s understand it with an example, suppose you have a website named www.example.com (A), and let say www.example1.com (B) is someone other’s website. When B mentions A in his blogs or pages then you get a backlink.
Always keep in mind that there is a huge difference between a simple backlink and a quality backlink. A backlink from a renowned website (quality backlink) gives you traffic as well as ranks higher your website on google or another search. On the other hand, a simple backlink doesn’t help your site in ranking.
Types of Backlinks
There are two types of backlinks –
- Dofollow – this is a link that tells any search engines to follow the link to reach your website. They are very helpful in ranking your website. They are simply URLs and look like – <a herf = “example.com”> Example <a/>.
- Nofollow – on the other hand, nofollow backlink tells the search engines to ignore the link. In other words, they ask search engines not to crawl. They look like – <a herf = “example.com” rel=”nofollow”> Example <a/>.
You may also like – SEO for your Website
Now we are on our discussion point so let’s delve into it.
How to Get Backlinks?
Backlinks are the backbone of SEO. Let’s break down “how to get backlinks” into sub-parts for better understanding.
Search for relevant content and capture the website’s e-mail and send them a lookout proposal by providing your dofollow link. For example –
2. Write Quality Blog
Search for your competitors and check their blogs and try to write better blogs then your competitors. A quality blog helps SEO, this is because the search engine always tries to serve you better results.
3. Google Alerts
This is a free tool developed by Google to monitor keywords. In other words, it sends you information related to your keywords through e-mails. Let’s see how to set up Google alerts.
First, log in to google alerts using your e-mail id and password. It looks like –
Add any one account so that you are able to create alerts. It will appear as –
Now click on Show options link next to create alert button, set parameters according to your requirements and hit create button.
Now that you have created Google alerts in our example “Kumarrai ashu”, you can add your website and your focused keywords. You will be notified about websites related to keywords. When you open notification it looks like
In the above image, the keyword is “Success Story” and the links contain the keyword. So your next step is to check the domain authority (DA) of the website, capture their emails, and send them a lookout email. Depending upon your content quality most of the time you will get backlinks.
4. Purchase Backlinks
If you have a good amount of money then you can purchase backlinks. But we recommend you, do not purchase if you want your website to rank organically on Google or any other search. Paid backlinks affect organic ranking because it is against natural SEO.
Read more -> Paid Backlinks
Recommended Book -> Ultimate Guide to Link Building: How to Build Backlinks, Authority and Credibility for Your Website, and Increase Click Traffic and Search Ranking By Eric Ward & Garrett French