Before moving on to the topic of how to become an amazon affiliate let’s discuss a little about what is Amazon.
We all know that Amazon is a leading brand that sells products on the internet (online). Apart from selling products it also provides services like :
- AmazonFresh – it delivers grocery to your doorstep.
- Amazon Pay : provides you a payment gateway to make online payments.
- Alexa : a virtual assistant AI technology.
- Amazon prime – gives you access to the media library.
- Amazon Web Servies (AWS) : provides you cloud computing platform and APIs to individuals, companies, and governments.
- AppStore : Amazon app store for android.
- Amazon Drive : provide you cloud store like Google Drive.
- Other products and services provided by Amazon are Kindle, Amazon Studio, Music, Fire TV, Echo, etc.
What is Amazon Affiliate Program?
It is a program that allows you to earn a certain commission by recommending their products on your website, Youtube, or any other source. The beauty of the Amazon associate (affiliate) program is that you even get a commission for not recommended products only when the buyer purchased through the affiliated links.
For example, suppose that you recommended a headphone and the buyer goes through your affiliated link and ends up buying a laptop then also you get a certain percentage of laptop price.
Finally, we reached the point of our main discussion topic on how to become an amazon affiliate? So let’s dive into it step by step.
How to Become an Amazon Affiliate?
To become an amazon affiliate you should have at least any of them mentioned below:
- Own a website for product recommendation by blogging.
- Any kind of Youtube channel
- A social media platform to influence people
Sign Up for Affiliate Program
There are six steps involved in it as mentioned below:
#1 Go to Sign Up page
Go to google search and type amazon affiliate. Click on the first link that appeared on the search console. You can directly go to sign up page by typing https://affiliate-program.amazon.in/. You can see the sign up button in the image below. Hit the sign up button.
#2 Log in or Sign up
Login with your existing Amazon account or create a new one by signing up using your email id or phone number and password.
#3 Add your website
After successful logged in, you will be prompted to fill your website details. Please type your website exactly as instructions given.
#4 Profile Details
Once done adding your website you will be asked to fill your profile details. Make sure that you filled each detail correctly before hitting the Next button.
#5 Identity Verification
After successfully entering your profile details the next step is to verify your phone number. Enter your phone number correctly and click on the Next button.
#6 Payment Details
The next step is to add your payment details about how you want to get paid. You can add your payment details or skip it for later to start using your associate central program.
That’s it! you are all set to use your affiliate program.
Now that you have enrolled in an affiliate program your next step is to recommend Amazon products through blogging. You can recommend a product by linking it to the Amazon store.
There are two ways you can create links:
1. Product Linking
- Product Links : it lets you build three kinds of links – text link, text and image links, and image only links.
- Banners : link products by embedding banner code on your blog posts. For example:
You can recommend products by simply pasting widget code on your blog posts. For example :
You may also like – How to improve your website ranking using SEO